What you value may be more important than what you own. To follow through on your commitments — to yourself, your family, and your ideals — you need to think ahead. A personalized estate plan is important in helping to protect your family and your legacy. The fastest way to erode away your life’s work is to not have an estate plan in place. An estate plan shelters your assets and provides for your family in the event you are no longer around to provide for them yourself.
Probate is the process that transfers legal title of property from the estate of the person who has died (the “decedent”) to his or her proper beneficiaries. It can be lengthy and expensive.
A well-constructed strategy can help address your specific estate planning needs. Amerigroup Benefits Corp can help you to create and implement a comprehensive estate plan to include strategies that:
- Cover final expenses and leaving a legacy through life insurance
- Facilitate legal documents such as Wills, Living Wills, Powers of Attorney, and more
- Align existing portfolios and retirement accounts with your estate plan
- Reduce the taxes and fees associated with an estate transition
- Use tax-deferred and tax-free financial products to protect wealth from unnecessary costs at death
- Prevent probate to ensure heirs receive what was intended through proper beneficiary designations, probate protection and tax-reduction strategies